Thursday, January 17, 2008

We're here...

...in Ensenda de los Muertos, Baja California Sur, the Sea of Cortez; about fifty miles south of La Paz. It's been a month since we last posted, and I'm sure that only our most faithful readers are still checking the blog. Wifi connections were scarce on the west coast of baja, and I must admit that I very much enjoyed the time off from over-communication. Once, when I was checking email in San Carlos, in Bahia Magdalena, I wondered what in the world I was doing, typing away through the same old Microsoft interface, when there was an entire provinical Baja town all around me, with genuine ankle-deep dust in the streets, waiting to be explored...



Fear not. The whole crew (Alisa "Four Packs" Abookire, Mike "The Perfect Husband" Litzow and Elias "I Can Now Point At My Crotch When I Fart" James Abookire Litzow) are all well and speaking to each other. And we have lived, at conservative estimate, three lifetimes since we left San Diego. There has been tribulation, but there has been triumph in equal measure. We have Gotten Down With the People, we have come to grips with our fate (37 feet of fiberglass, a one year old, and no escape), and we have developed a certain philosophical detachment that allows us to enjoy ourselves almost all of the time. The highlights will all be shared over the next few days, for the edification, and occasional smug, I-could-have-told-them-so-but-I-was-too-polite-to satisfaction of our house- and office-bound peers back home. We'll start with the story of the first leg of the trip, from San Diego to Cedros Island, which follows immediately. More to come soon...



Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment