Friday, June 29, 2012

Trouble In Mind

Well, whatever passed for our everyday life is again out of the window.

I am doing the nights and mornings at the hospital with Elias, and Alisa is taking the day shift.

Among other things, this has meant that Eric has had to get used to me cooking his lunch and dinner back on the boat.  Alisa has kindly been leaving me lists of suggested survival meals - I think she may have some concern for our welfare during my tenure as cook.


Eric is the calmest, easiest two-year-old on the planet when he's on the boat without his brother.  This has made our days together pretty enjoyable.  And, he still takes a long nap every day!



Elias, meanwhile, is a hurting little boy.  It's going to take him a while to get over this.  But I should stress that we expect a complete recovery.

And Alisa and I, predictably, feel like shit.  It was a lot easier to be philosophical about things when he was in hospital with a virus.  We know that accidents happen to good parents, and my thanks to the people who have pointed that out.  But I think we'll have to go on feeling like shit for a while nonetheless.

4 comments:

  1. miss you guys. I love the photos of Eric....and Alisa's meal plan. Man i miss you guys! You are incredible parents.
    Hang in there.

    Thinking of all of you A LOT,
    Zoya

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother was seriously burned by my mother's scalding hot coffee when he was 3. I remember the night but he's never said anything about it... and he has no visible scar. This TOO shall pass... I hope the hospital is keeping him as comfortable as possible. Big Hugs from Kodiak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steph - good to hear from you...

      Delete