Thursday, December 12, 2013

Makes Me Feel Better

Going to sea is a balm.  I fear the day when going to sea doesn't make me feel better.


Going to sea and catching a fish - while sailing under spinnaker.  That makes me feel better.



Catching a kingfish - that really makes me feel better.


Oh, and time, too, and being in a new place - those things help.

I think I feel better.

(But another coda.

Today in the Whangarei playground three-year-old Eric chased after a sparrow - and called it a "f***ing bird", three times, very loud.

I guess he was listening during those two failed marina exits.  Which didn't make me feel great.

Boat stuff can be hard - but fatherhood might be harder...)

2 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHA!!!! Oh those three year olds! Good look fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh those 3-yr-olds kids! and those 45-year-old dads!

      Delete