Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New Routine

Well, we thought it was going to be a really busy week - there's the book launch, and I leave for a marine biology conference in Korea on Friday, and I had all sorts of pre-winter boat work that I was hoping to finish before I left.


All that is of course now on hold.  (Except the book launch - that will go on!)

This is Elias' fourth night in the hospital, and it looks like a fifth is in the cards.

He's generally his chipper self, and isn't really feeling all that sick, but he's also not getting better very quickly.

Alisa and I have been swapping off at the hospital - she does the day shift and I take nights.

On the bright side, Eric has been a delight to watch during the days.  I think he's revelling in being the only child back on the boat, able to play with whatever toy he pleases.

I guess this will go back to being a sailing blog when things get back to normal!

5 comments:

  1. hope he gets better soon! take good care you four!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of all of you....
    sending thoughts of good health Elias' way...
    Love, Zoya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Elias feels all the way better soon! It's the toughest on the parents I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks to all of you... It's all really not too bad - he's not super-sick by any means, and luckily I have wonder-woman Alisa on my side for organizing our family life into day shift and night shift...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your son get better soon and trust that he is not super-sick with no ongoing ailments. It will be good to get back on the boat although the Tassie hospital is good.

    ReplyDelete